As promised, here are some suggestions for lunches and kiddy lunchboxes through Passover week. Feel free to share your favorites, and those of your kids, in comments 🙂
- Tuna or salmon salad, with matzah on the side
- Fish balls and veg sticks or salad
- Soup, with matzah crackers
- Matzah pizza (click on link)
- Smoked salmon and salad and/or matzah
- Matzah and chopped liver, salad on side
- Selection of cheese, cherry tomatoes and fruit
- Egg salad and crudites, matzah on side
- Deli meat slices and salad or veg sticks
- Hummus and matzah, with salad
- Almond butter and matzah
- Matzah and cream cheese, topped with cranberries, raisins or other dried fruit
- Chicken salad, matzah on side
- Baked potato and cheese or tuna or baked beans (ensure no thickener used in beans)
- *Rice and dhal, or fried rice with veg
- *Rice noodles/pasta and tomato sauce or pesto, with salad
- Salad or crudites and matzah-meal-breaded fish or chicken
- Matzah sandwiches with nut butters, jam, cream cheese, and fruit
- Rice-paper rolls with fresh julienned vegetables and dip
- Guacamole, matzah crackers and veg sticks
*suitable for Sephardi Passover meals
hummus and carrots sticks are perfect! thanks for the idea. i was getting the snack size from Costco but it is off my radar. I will re-introduce again!
Great! One of my boys practically lives on hummus 🙂
We all live on hummus! If you don’t make your own, you simply have to try Trader Joe’s own brand Cilantro & Jalapeno Hummus. Absolutely to die for!
I was just at Trader Joe’s today. Love that hummus!
thank you for the ideas, this came as a huge surprise :-)!!