My husband and I are (and boy, is this a big deal) going away without the kids for the first time since we’ve had them. For a good cause, no doubt – a decade of wedded bliss.
Along with all the excitement and building of suspense, we’ve been ridden with guilt. What with the “Why are you going away without us?” “Do you have to be alone on your anniversary?” and “Are you sure you’re coming back?” questions, my main man has found himself shopping for all manner of bribes. Today, for example, he came home with two Club Penguin sleeping bags that I know we will struggle to keep the children out of until the weekend.
I, meanwhile, have been unable to say No to any kiddy food requests. Here is one of those adamant Yesses – the boys’ favourite Cookie Monster cookies!
- butter, 1 cup, melted
- brown sugar, 1 cup
- white sugar, 1/2 cup
- wholemeal flour, 1 cup
- plain flour, 1 2/3 cup
- vanilla, 2 tsp
- salt, 1/2 tsp
- baking powder, 1 tsp
- baking soda, 1 tsp
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup
- chopped pecans, 3/4 cup
- dessicated coconut, 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to about 190C or 375F
- Cream the butter and eggs, then add the sugar
- Beat till fluffy and butterscotchy
- In a separate bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt
- Slowly add the flour to the creamed butter/sugar mixture
- Stir in the coconut, nuts and chocolate chips
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then shape into balls and press into a cookie sheet
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes
COOKIEEE!.. um yum yum yum!!