This is an easy and healthy snack for kids which I’ve adapted from a recipe of Nigella Lawson’s. Although it’s definitely her creation and I clearly remember the picture that went with it (of cheesy feet!), I have guessed at the ingredients to produce these because I couldn’t immediately locate the original recipe. Nevertheless, it’s hard to go wrong with this one. Trust me!
- cheddar cheese or mix of cheeses, grated, 500g
- plain flour, 150g
- butter, softened, a couple of tablespoons of
- Preheat the oven to about 175C, 390F
- In a food processor, pulse the grated cheese with the flour
- Add the butter and pulse further till the dough comes together
- Divide it into managable rounded pieces, wrap and refrigerate
- After 15 minutes, roll out each round and cut into whatever shape you fancy
- Bake till golden brown, about 10 mins
- Allow to cool and place in an airtight container
- Serve whenever the kids are hungry!
(All text and photos or images are copyright protected. Please do not reprint any stories, recipes or photographs without the author’s permission.)