We love fish and I always look forward to preparing it a different way. Today I fancied something grilled with coriander and basil and threw this together. The marinade can be made in minutes and smells divine!
- 2 fillets, tilapia or cod, haddock, snapper or firm white-fleshed fish
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt
- handful coriander leaves (cilantro)
- handful thai basil
- 3-4 tsbp breadcrumbs
- a few small chunks of parmesan
- oil to drizzle, canola or olive
- Whizz together in a small food processor all the ingredients except the fish
- Place fish fillets on oiled baking sheet if it’s heading ovenwards
- Spread crumbly topping over the fish generously
- Drizzle canola or olive oil over fish
- Place under broiler of oven for about 13 mins or bake in middle of 200C oven for 15 mins The fish can be barbecued, covered in foil or banana leaves, till done.
- Serve with grapefruit salad
Sounds delicious! I make a good crazy chicken rice noodle dish with Thai basil. http://michaelbeyer.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/michaels-crazy-chicken-rice-noodle-stir-fry/
I’m looking for more recipes that use that herb.