These are immensely popular with adults and kids alike. I thought I’d throw the cinnamon in instead of vanilla, betting confidently that this would keep the kids at bay. But no such luck.
Make them mini bite-size cupcakes and even the ladies on permanent diets will reach for seconds, even as they protest (feebly).
(Makes 40 regular ones, about 70-80 minis)
- eggs, 5
- butter, 2 1/2 sticks
- sugar, 2 cups
- salt, pinch
- milk, 1 1/2 cups, room temperature
- cinnamon, 1 1/2 tbsp
- wholemeal flour, 1 cup
- plain flour, 2 1/2 cups
- baking flour, 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350F (170C)
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy
- Add eggs and continue blending, one by one
- Sift together the dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in about 3 goes
- Using a tiny ice cream scoop or spoon, fill cupcake liners, leaving the top quarter free
- Bake 10 minutes, turn the pan around and bake another 10 minutes. Cool.
- Frost with vanilla/cinnamon icing
- Hide them from the kids 😉
(All text and photos or images are copyright protected. Please do not reprint any stories, recipes or photographs without the author’s permission.)
how successful is step 9? 😉
I learnt from my mistake of not hiding them and hence their fast disappearance! 🙂
We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.
We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.
Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.
To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"