These are immensely popular with adults and kids alike. I thought I’d throw the cinnamon in instead of vanilla, betting confidently that this would keep the kids at bay. But no such luck.
Make them mini bite-size cupcakes and even the ladies on permanent diets will reach for seconds, even as they protest (feebly).
(Makes 40 regular ones, about 70-80 minis)
- eggs, 5
- butter, 2 1/2 sticks
- sugar, 2 cups
- salt, pinch
- milk, 1 1/2 cups, room temperature
- cinnamon, 1 1/2 tbsp
- wholemeal flour, 1 cup
- plain flour, 2 1/2 cups
- baking flour, 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350F (170C)
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy
- Add eggs and continue blending, one by one
- Sift together the dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in about 3 goes
- Using a tiny ice cream scoop or spoon, fill cupcake liners, leaving the top quarter free
- Bake 10 minutes, turn the pan around and bake another 10 minutes. Cool.
- Frost with vanilla/cinnamon icing
- Hide them from the kids 😉
(All text and photos or images are copyright protected. Please do not reprint any stories, recipes or photographs without the author’s permission.)